This is was my first SP; so I am a little bit nervous. Maybe I’ll complete these questionaire at a later date. 😉
1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like knitting with typical sockyarn, Bamboo/merino blends, silk/wool blend, cotton/wool blend, or blended yarns with only a little amount of acryl. I prefer yarn with over 50 % natural fibers. I like hand dyed sock yarn.
I don’t like mohair/nylon blends, bucle or acrylic yarns or novelty (designer) yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use some boxes.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned knitting in school. I am sorry to say that I never liked it.
Last year I saw beautiful sock yarn – and this has resulted in knitting my first socks.
I would consider myself to be beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I’m not fond of scents/candles/etc. From most scents I get headache.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I have a sweeth tooth. I love nearly all sweets and candies. But I don’t like sweets with alcohol or whole fruits. I like Gummi bears, chocolate, candies,…
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am making cards.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like quite a mixture – the most time I listen to the radio. But I have quite a lot of mp3s on my PC. Yes, I am able to play MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like blue, red, pink, orange.
I am not a great fan of neons.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single and have five cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don’t wear hats or ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, socks and socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I knits socks and mini-socks to make an advent calendar
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use 6“ needles from Knit picks 2,5 and often 2,75. I don’t like 8 „
I have a weakness for colored or extra ordinary knitting needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I neither have a yarn winder or a swift. Although I’d like one.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t really know.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect knitting books, sock yarn and knitting tools.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’m looking forward to experience yarns or brands I didn’t know before or which I can’t buy here in Austria.
I’m very interested in Flat Feet http://www.conjoinedcreations.com/Flat_Feet.html and Sock Blank http://www.knitpicks.com/Sock+Blank_AD24207.html
I would also try to knit Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, Socks That Rocks, ….
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I want to start dyeing with acid dyes.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter, yes. Usually I use dpn. But I will learn magic loop and 2 circular methods.
I’m a size EU 38.
23. When is your birthday? On May 18th I was 40.
24. What’s your Ravelry ID? Mathemia